Monday, May 10, 2010

It Starts Today

Everybody ready? I have received official entry information from a few of you and have no doubts that there will be more of you. Just make sure you weigh yourself and get it all to me by the 30th of this month. Starting next Monday, we will each post our weight loss percentages. I will post directions on Sunday night.

I am no expert, but here is the main thing that helped me the last time I lost my baby weight. CUT CALORIES!

I think the best way is to be aware of the food you eat. First, know how much you should eat. I did Weight Watchers, but another option is to count calories. There are plenty of calorie calculators that will tell you how many calories you need to eat to lose weight. I found one on www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.html If you're not up to counting calories, find your own way to be aware of what you are eating and what's worth it. For example, I learned that bacon just wasn't worth it anymore, but a chocolate chip cookie once in a while was.

Before last year I had never really paid attention to calories. I just thought that if I ate healthy foods and exercised I would lose weight. Never actually losing the weight should have been a clue to me. The problem was that I could eat 300 calories way faster than I could run it off on a treadmill. Grab a slice of whole wheat bread, string cheese, and an apple and you're almost up to 300 calories. A medium sized bagel, about 289 calories. Add cream cheese and you're up to 436 calories!

Last tip, write it down. I was really surprised at how much I was actually putting in my mouth when I started writing it down. Be aware. If you are anything like me, the first 2-3 weeks you will feel like you are starving to death. Try to fill up on veggies (skip the butter and go with fat free salad dressings) and drink plenty of water. Your body will get used to eating the amount you need to to lose weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment